Championship Schedule and Covid-19 Update
At the Pennsylvania Golf Association, we are committed to the health and well-being of our members and Member Clubs throughout the Commonwealth. To reduce the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak conditions on our golfers, employees, volunteers and member club personnel, we have decided to cancel or reschedule the events listed below. We did not make this decision lightly, but on the recommendation of government health officials and other leaders, we believe this is the prudent move.
- Field size reduced to 78 players for the Amateur Championship at Lookaway Golf Club July 27-29
Rescheduled Qualifers (with new dates)
- June 15 – Amateur Championship Qualifier – Chambersburg Country Club
- June 15 - Amateur Championship Qualifier – Hannastown Golf Club
- Amateur Championship entry deadline extended to June 1
- 80th Dressler Memorial Championship – St. Clair Country Club
- 1st Senior Open Championship – Lehigh Country Club
- Senior Match Play Championship – Radnor Valley Country Club
- Four-Ball Championship - Glenmaura National Golf Club
- Mixed Team Championship - Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
What criteria was used when deciding to cancel events?
The decision to cancel was based off Pennsylvania’s Phased reopening plan and the Back2Golf Operations Playbook, with the key points on making our decision below:
- Players participating from across the entire state.
- Only Travel for Life-Sustaining Purposes Encouraged.
- Social Distancing Guidelines
- Single player per cart.
- Clubs have limited number of carts available which greatly reduces overall field size.
- Facility Closure
- Clubhouses are not currently open. No access during dangerous weather situations.
- Access to restrooms will be limited and potentially unavailable on the course.
UPDATE: Cart Status
The Pennsylvania Alliance for Golf has received clarity from the Office of Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf, on golf cart and caddie usage as counties throughout the Commonwealth move into the yellow and green phases of the COVID-19 reopening phases.
Clubs within those counties in the yellow and green phases are allowed to have two non-related people in the same cart. The use of a caddie is permitted as well. Clubs must follow the information provided in the Guidance for Businesses Permitted to Operate During the COVID-19 Disaster Emergency to Ensure the Safety and Health of Employees and the Public documentation to keep employees and customers safe, including wearing masks, wiping down the carts, etc.
Counties listed as red that are targeted to move to yellow June 5, must await a specific directive from the Governor’s Office before operating in the yellow phase. Also beginning June 5 for those Clubs that have a restaurant on-site, if your club is in one of those areas that do move to yellow, outdoor dining can be offered at 50 percent capacity. In the green phase, Clubs can offer indoor dining at 50 percent capacity.
At all times, individuals must maintain social distancing.
Gatherings of more than 250 people are prohibited.